Emily Pankhurst Forgot Tampon For 9 Days and Almost Died

We have all heard the stories of people being taken to the hospital because they did not remember to take out their tampon in time. In fact tampons can cause such a huge thread to a women’s life that it is on their packaging that they may cause toxic shock syndrome. Women are so aware of this thread that the average time span of a tampon is no longer than a few hours. However every once in a while we hear the tragic story of a woman who forgot tampon inside for too long and has serious health complications. Emily Pankhurst is one of them.

Forgot Tampon

Call her story a tragic tale to take a lesson from or an indication of how dangerous tampons really are but it is one that should be shared.

Forgot Tampon

Emily Pankhurst is a student living in Maidstone had to be rushed into the hospital because she was suffering from a headache, cold and feeling dizzy. The 20-year-old studying in Kent University thought her symptoms were stress related seeing that she was in her finals. However it later turned out that she had forgot tampon inside of her for 9 days! 

Forgot Tampon

She went to a doctor a few days ago but the doctor could not find it. She found the tampon few days later, pulled it out and had to be rushed into a hospital. Her infection has not spread to her vital organs but it was still quite serious. She is still in recovery and finds it difficult to walk.

Forgot Tampon

Pankhurst was very emotional after what happened to her and said: ““Girls my age are not aware of the dangers of using tampons. It is so important to keep an eye on your health, especially during stressful life experiences. I hope my story can help others like myself to take care of their health and not take their life for granted, because you never know what might be around the corner.”

Forgot Tampon

Comments

comments

Sign up for our mailing list and get the stories that will blow your mind.